Glasses

art. house. mum.

One of the important things that I keep in my handbag is my glasses.  These things let me see clearly.  And when I saw this glasses fabric I loved it.


Perfect for the new handbag which I was aching to make.  I learnt so much making the last one that the challenge of a new one sounded like fun.


So here's the next step, a brainstorm, a list and a mantra of "if you don't do it then you don't know what mistakes you should avoid next time..."


The dreaded cutting began (I hate that you can't unpick the cutting), the sewing began, and so did the mistakes!


But still, with perseverance, a little unpicking and some long moments stitting still and thinking, finally I had a handbag to wear on my shoulder.


There are things that I got wrong... like the tension of the stitches, but there are things that I got right...


And tonnes of things that I learned.


And again I am enjoying the creation which tucked under my arm is so darn functional and funky!