Marbles

art. house. mum.

A few weeks ago Sam had a friend over for a play.  We pulled out all the big guns... chalk drawing; playing on the swingset; helping me clean out the car; and the big one... marbles.  With cooking utensils, no less.


For me it was a chance to realise how different life is now that two of our three are over five.  The little ones move at such a different pace.  They take joy in such small things.  And have so many questions.  


Watching them learn is magic.  And it is exhausting.  Things need ot be learnt and tested... and thrown.  And touched and pulled and pushed.  Then filed behind the couch for good measure.


I'm still finding marbles posted carefully round the living room.  But I'm pretty sure that all the kitchen utensils were rescued and washed.  At least I think they were...

g