That being said, I must confess, I have become rather impatient lately. I have so so so many things I want to do in the house and to the house, and I am so excited to get started, but have to wait just a little longer. So here is my laundry list of demands to the universe:
- Beer. I desperately want to start all grain brewing. I know how, and will finally have the space to do it. Plus, as an added bonus, a big huge tool shed to ferment in, so I can do some seasonally appropriate brews (saisons in the summer, lagers in the winter). Since I have not been brewing in the last few months, I have grown to miss it (almost painfully.) So, Universe, please send me reasonably-priced mash tun parts and a propane burner.
- Color. Lately, I have been washing and packing away all of my bright, colorful things like clothing and draperies. Currently, I am surrounded by brown cardboard boxes and am really missing luscious, cheery color. For this demand Universe, speed up time and magically transfer all of my material goods to the new house. And hang the draperies.
- Flora. The yard on this house is a gardener's dream, with a minimum of shrubbery removal. I am overexcited to begin planting, since the growing season approaches. Many hours of trolling bulb and seed catalogs has my urban farmer fantasies running wild. Plus, there is an ideal space to grow hops, which have been ordered through HBX. Again, speed up time and encourage your pal Mother Nature to will a long growing season.
- Bar. There is a perfect little dining space in the abode to create a little bar, complete with kegs. I would like some cheap kegs and a free perfectly-sized dorm fridge in working order. Thanks, Universe.
- Belgium. This one is a shade off topic, but sadly I must confess that my trip to Western Europe is simply not happening this year. So, Universe, please make this happen next summer.
- Cleaning and Closure. Last but not least. My usual aptitude for maintaining a tidy domicile has slipped in the last few months, as I figure, what is the point? Greatly looking forward to neatness again.
Cheers and have a lovely weekend!